Saturday, June 16, 2007

Do you trust Remit2India

Remit2India is a money transfer service offered by TimesOfIndia group. I was curious to know the rate they offer so I registered on the site and started a transfer ( I didn't complete it and canceled it mid-way). I didn't like the service for two main reasons & lots of small reasons

Big Reasons I didn't like:
  1. On the site they don't talk about the exchange rate which will used for transaction.
  2. They offer insurance to protect the transaction. Here are the exact words from the web-site "Remit2India, in association with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd, provides you with a Money Insurance Guarantee- a first ever in the industry.Now, insure your money against risks of service negligence or technology perils like virus/hacking*. Secure your money from the time it leaves your hands till it reaches your family, for as little as 4.95 Dollars . A small price to pay for complete peace of mind! " This is very scary to me. This service doesn't protect its customers for their service negligence or their system getting hacked. I will never use such service. Would you?

Some minor reasons:

  1. Web site (http://www.timesofmoney.com/remittance/jsp/home.jsp) is very cluttered.
  2. They give you a free photoclock for transaction of more than 1000$. Now why are you giving me clock. Add that money to my transaction. If I want to send a clock, I would go to some gift shop.
  3. Usability is not great. Ex: They first ask to select the city and then ask for State. A better way would be ask to select the state and then populate the city list based on state and allow selection of city. ( Yeah I am software engineer:) )
  4. At the top of site they have a link to set remit2india as your home page. Now why in the world someone set remit2india as homepage:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might get around to this mуself at ѕome ροint, if
Ӏ can get finаnce.

My blog :: loans broker