Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Appreciating Rupee and poorer NRI

I am working in US for about 8 years now and harbor a dream of going back to India in couple of years. Most of my assets and savings are in USD. Recent 10% appreication of rupee has caused correspoding dent in my savings when converted in to Rupees. Everyone is talking about further gradual depreciation of dollar against most major currency. This makes me wonder if I should start diversifying my savings/assets to other currency. May this is time to buy a house in India. I have been thiking about it for long time, but think this is now time for action. I would hate to see further erosion in my savings because of depreciation of dollar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why dont u send half the savings to india and start investing in stocks, real estate etc..

Anonymous said...

you already said that your heart lies in India so why in the world have u put all ur eggs in the US. My advise put 75% of ur dollars in an account in India and the rest in the US. In this way you are safe and you will return to your dream land with more happiness...

Online Money Transfer To India said...

I really like the way you have explained the whole article. It is very informative.
Regards

Anonymous said...

A ѕaggy bоοb said to anоther ѕaggу boob:
"If we don't get some support soon, people will think we're nuts.'

My web blog: cus-demo.sakura.ne.jp